Trimble Forestry Logistics
is recruiting for a Transport Planner
to fill an opportunity in Tokoroa, New Zealand.
Trimble Forestry Logistics (part of the Trimble Forestry Division, www.trimble.com
) is a specialist forestry logistics business established in New Zealand in 1993. Trimble has 40+ staff based in New Zealand (Whangarei, Tokoroa, Gisborne) and Australia (Gippsland, NSW), and activities in North America and Europe. It has particular expertise in the application of logistics information technologies to wood supply operations. Trimble's Forestry Division offers field hardware, field software and enterprise solutions that improve the productivity and operations for some of the world's largest forestry companies.
Recognised as a market leader,Trimble is growing fast and looking for new members to join the team. Using specialist logistics software developed in-house, as a key member of the logistics team, you will:
- plan, execute and monitor to ensure successful outcomes for our clients
- be required to balance the micro requirements of all of our contractors to achieve the macro objectives of the forest owners
- coordinate and schedule harvesting contractors and logging trucks to uplift loads, thinking about best overall utilisation of the fleet and minimum cost of distribution, solving problems that occur along the way
- monitoring and reporting on production, inventory and delivery targets, negotiating with suppliers and customers to do the extra yards and meeting them in the field when issues demand direct communications
The successful candidate will:
- have a relevant tertiary qualification (including forestry, agricultural science and commerce, engineering, logistics, transport, business studies)
- thrive on challenging work, juggling a variety of duties at any given time
- enjoy solving problems, using logic and common sense
- good with numbers and planning, and have a great memory for detail
- ability to talk to and develop relationships with a wide range of people
- influence others using empathy, diplomacy, confidence, and leadership.
For your commitment and outstanding work ethic, you will get exposure to, and build relationships with, a wide cross section of the industry from machinery contractors to operational managers and senior corporate management.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand or Australia to apply for this role.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Click on APPLY.