Silver Fern Farms has an exciting opportunity in Dunedin for a passionate foodie who is experienced and qualified in both butchery and packaging within either the FMCG sector or meat industry.
This role is part of our Discovery & Development Team and will play a key role in implementing our vision of “Inspirational Food Created by Passionate People”.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and optimising butchery methods and packaging solutions across the whole business including bringing new cuts and packaging technologies to commercialisation.
Your innovative, outside the box thinking will be an asset to you, as will your FMCG and/or food production knowledge as you lead specific New Product Development and new process projects.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and attributes in the following areas:
- Previous NPD and packaging experience in a FMCG and/or meat processing environment.
- Practical butchery experience in either a manufacturing environment or a retail business.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or industry experience.
- Work well as a team player and have the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Good understanding of the red meat sector and the drivers that influence consumption and sales.
- Excellent relationship skills and building networks.
If you possess the skills and attributes we are seeking and are eager to take the next step in your career please apply online through our Careers page on our website.
Applications close: Wednesday 18th May 2016.