- Leading government organisation
- Great opportunity at a design level
- Join a team of talented IT professionals
- Sunny Wellington
This organisation is the public service department of New Zealand charged with advising government on social policy, and providing social services. A highly credible and reputable name in the market given the nature of their work.
As a Lead Technical Engineer, you will responsible for providing Windows Infrastructure design Solutions within a multi-platform integrated environment, liaising with both vendors and business and technical teams. This includes contributing to the windows infrastructure design and strategic direction for both new and existing infrastructure, while also supporting the development and implementation of successful integrated application solutions.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Develop, document and maintain the Infrastructure design principles for all of the managed and virtual Server Environment.
- Research new technologies for incorporation into future traditional hardware and virtual Roadmap designs.
- Input into the designs and implementation of the following technologies:
- VMware 5.5 (6.5 advantageous)
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Design all Infrastructure management standards to adhere with system management processes and tools, system monitoring processes and system access processes.
- Proven experience in design, development, and implementation of the above systems as well as SAN storage, networking and Linux will be advantageous.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives,
- Good project management skills, excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone to be involved in the design, build and implementation of Windows server infrastructure. You will be part of a truly talented team within this high profile government organization.
Simply apply now, or contact Lauren at Alpha Recruitment for more information around the role -04 499 3264