We have an exciting Buying opportunity for a talented, dynamic and creative person looking to join our Small Appliances, Buying team.
This is a great role for an experienced Assistant Buyer or Buyer to join our fantastic team of talented individuals who work together to make Farmers the place to shop.
We are looking for someone that has experience developing ranges within a retail environment with a genuine passion for what's happening in the market while predicting customer needs and trends.
The ideal candidate will be business minded and ambitious with a creative flair, innovate and will thrive working in a fast paced environment. Sourcing new products, analysing the success of existing products and ranges. You know how to read industry trends and deliver products that sell!
What opportunities are there?
Farmers is an iconic Kiwi brand that has served the New Zealand market for over 100 years. Today we continue to bring a diverse range of on-trend merchandise to our customers through a nationwide network of nearly 60 stores.
We are interested in hearing from people who have a good understanding of the market within their particular sector who can predict emerging trends, and source product that satisfies customer demand and business objectives.
What is involved in being a Buyer?
Working with a team that comprises a Merchandise Planner and a Merchandise Administrator, our Buyers orchestrate the entire buying process for their specialised area. They are responsible for:
- Analysing our position in the market, and identifying trends and opportunities
- Setting seasonal trends, styling and colour
- Building range plans in line with company strategies
- Sourcing products - you may need to be able to travel internationally
- Negotiating with suppliers and building successful relationships
- Co-designing promotional plans and material
- Analysing product performance and achieving financial targets.
The experience and skills you need:
- Previous buying experience within a similar environment
- A strong sense for retail and product trends
- Proven aptitude to analysis and numerical reasoning
- Ability to work to deadlines, and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Register your interest now!
If you have what we're looking for and want to progress you retail career with us, we'd love to hear from you. To start the journey of becoming a Buyer with Farmers, all you need to do is take the first step and register your interest on-line by clicking the apply button.
If you would like further information about this role, please contact Chantel Poasa on 09 272 6213 or email, chantel.Poasa@farmers.co.nz