Are you passionate about young people and have an understanding of Youth Development? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of youth service initiatives? Here is your opportunity!
START - Whana Tū is contracted to the Ministry of Social Development to provide youth services that empower young peoples’ positive engagement in education, training and employment.
We have available 1 (one) position (35 hours per week, fixed term). This is based in Palmerston North, and covers the wider Manawatū. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront and part of a vibrant youth service team providing a youth focussed service that is dynamic, accessible and results targeted.
1 x Youth Service Duty Worker
All applicants will need to have:
- Experience in working with young people of high need
- A strong practical understanding of youth development
- Ability to work with Māori and Pacific Rangatahi
- Good track record of being a team player
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and computer literacy)
- A full driver’s licence
- Preferably, knowledge of local community networks
- Organised, Punctual and Reliable
Youth Service Duty Worker will also need: A qualification and / or relevant experience in youth development & youth work. Experience within Work & Income Processes will also be an advantage
Please contact the Service Manager [Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 06 355 5143] for further information and/or to obtain a copy of the Position Description and Application Form.
Applications close at 4pm on Monday 13th March 2017. Please send
your completed application form, letter of application, CV and references to Service Manager, START, PO Box 2074 Palmerston North, or email these to email@example.com