We are seeking a 2nd Engineer to come on board the Will Watch from late November. Based out of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, travel to and from the vessel is provided.
The 2nd Engineer supports the Chief Engineer to manage the mechanical and electrical performance of the vessel’s propulsion, fishing, processing and ancillary systems in a safe and efficient manner. This role works the opposite shift to the Chief Engineer.
You must have the following:
- Minimum of MEC 6 qualification but MEC 5 preferred
- Problem solving skills
- People management skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with other staff and external contacts
- Commitment to preventative maintenance systems
- Ability to monitor internal and external trends pertaining to marine engineering operations
- Ability to communicate well and build good relationships
- Supervisory and training experience
- Have proven experience working aboard fishing vessels is essential.
If you have exceptional work ethics, a commitment to safety, and enjoy working in team, we would like to hear from you.
Successful applicants will become part of a large company, receive an excellent rate of pay and opportunities for ongoing training.
In the interests of safety at sea, drug testing is part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an ongoing condition of employment. A Police check will be a requirement of the application process.
Apply online at http://www.sealord.com/nz/careers/
Applications close 5pm Thursday, 9 February 2017.