We are seeking a permanent Fishmeal Operator to join our modern freezer trawler FV Rehua. The vessel is based in Nelson, and trip lengths are 4/6 weeks on, 4/6 weeks off.
To operate the Fishmeal Plant in an efficient and effective manner with minimal downtime so that fishmeal produced is in accordance with agreed product specifications and customer requirements.
Essential competencies required:
- An engineering background
- Fishmeal Plant experience
- Minimum of one years experience working at sea
- Well-developed oral, written and numeracy skills
- Ability to operate/manage according to company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Understand and operate according to Sealord's Values
- Proven experience in operating plant equipment, preferably a separator plant
- Proactive approach to solving issues
- Ability to communicate well with other team members and leaders
- Competence to work in a team and build good relationships and also solve problems
- Customer requirements are the focus of the work
- Add value and reduce costs through being innovative and implement new ideas
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills to make the workflow/operations easier.
Whats in it for you?:
- Three delicious meals a day served up by our experienced Cooks
- All personal protective equipment supplied to keep you safe and your clothing clean
- Internet access while at sea
- Boats dock at Port Nelson and it is your responsibility to make sure you can get to Nelson in time to sail
- In the interests of keeping everyone safe at sea, drug testing is part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an on-going condition of employment.
You must be available to commence approximately 10 March 2017.
If you know of anyone that would be able to fulfil the requirements of the role, or you are interested in this role, please apply online athttp://www.sealord.com/nz/careers/
Applications close Friday, 17 February 2017 at 5.00 p.m.