We are recruiting for our modern freezer trawler fleet. We are looking for keen, hard-working and enthusiastic men and women to join our team.
Our trips vary from 14 to 45 days, and depending how long your vessel goes out for, you get the same amount of time off straight after! That means you only end up working six months of each year! Being paid during your trip off as well as your trip on certainly helps as well.
What we look for in a fisher
A career in fishing with Sealord offers a career path that is rewarding, exciting and challenging. You'll be in a constantly changing environment where no two days are ever the same. It takes a resiliant person who is willing to put in the hard yards to reap the generous rewards.
While you work with us you'll need to embrace our values and put them into practice in everything you do. Some of the qualities we look for in our fishing crew are ...
- a strong safety focus
- the ability to communicate well
- able to build good relationships
- open to receive and follow instructions and feedback
- a mature work ethic - that is be honest, reliable, and trustworthy
- able to work under pressure and to perform well in this setting
- fit and healthy, and commited to looking after your health.
Things you should know about the job
- The trip lengths vary from vessel to vessel ranging from two to six weeks
- Trip on trip off. The amount of time you are out on the vessel, you will get the same amount of time off following
- Hours of work are generally done in shifts of 6 hours on and 6 off
- Three delicious meals a day served up by our experienced Cooks
- All personal protective equipment supplied to keep you safe and your clothing clean
- Internet access while at sea
- Boats dock at Port Nelson and it is your responsibility to make sure you can get to Nelson in time to sail
- In the interests of keeping everyone safe at sea, drug testing is part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an on-going condition of employment.
What's in it for you
- Comprehensive induction to both the Nelson site and your vessel
- Ongoing certified health and safety, compliance, and development training
- Opportunities to gain a qualification while you work
- Onsite health centre and nurse, as well as on-board trained medic
- Staff sales - a shop with cheap as chips Sealord product that only Sealord employees can purchase
- Staff discount card for a whole lot of Nelson based businesses
- Working for a company committed to training and development and helping you fufill your potential
- Free flu vaccines and wellness checks.
If you consider yourself to be motivated and hardworking person who is looking for a challenge (and good money!) then we want to hear from you. Please fill in the online application and answer all the questions. We will review your application and if we think you have what it takes then we will be in touch!
Any questions or concerns please email Ben Cave, HR Recruitment Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org