About the Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission wants every New Zealander to trust, value and take part in parliamentary elections.
We are an independent, Crown entity who works with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of participation in the electoral process, make it easy for them to enrol and vote, promote understanding of New Zealand’s democratic processes, and deliver parliamentary elections and referendums.
Deputy Registrar of Electors – New Plymouth (20 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Electoral Commission in an operations role as the Deputy Registrar of Electors for the New Plymouth area.
The Deputy Registrar assists Registrars of Electors with the management of day to day tasks including:
- Compiling and maintaining an accurate electoral roll for the nominated electorate(s) in a way which is consistent with legislation and national processes;
- Encouraging and inspiring eligible electors to participate in elections;
- Developing and fostering relationships with key community stakeholders, working with them to develop and implement local plans that support the Commission’s national objectives;
- Achieving national objectives through working with other Commission staff;
- Implementing nationally designed enrolment processes and systems that work seamlessly with voting processes to achieve the best possible electoral administration outcomes nationwide.
This is a permanent part time opportunity.
The nature of the work will mean that Deputy Registrars of Electors will need to work flexible hours, including weekend work during busy periods, as required. Travel within a number of designated electorates will be required to undertake outreach and participation activities, create working partnerships, and to fulfil public speaking engagements. Travel outside the region may also be required.
The successful applicant will have a strong customer focus, confident communication skills, good administration skills, be well organised and an excellent team player.
It would be advantageous if you have an understanding of the machinery of government and are familiar with government processes.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand. Appointees will be subject to a security check.
To apply for this role, go to: www.jobs.govt.nz
and quote the job number 1254208
. Alternatively a job description and application form is available from email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday, 25 January 2017.